Meet Dr. Kilaru
Thanks to his extensive and rigorous training, Dr. Prasad Kilaru specializes in multiple areas of plastic surgery, including Hand Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Wound Care, and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Kilaru strives to continue to maintain high standards and participates in the Maintenance of Certification program provided by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has attended numerous regional and national meetings to stay up-to-date with current techniques the field of plastic surgery.
Dr. Kilaru’s Approach
Dr. Kilaru believes in providing as much information as possible to his patient’s, so as to be able to provide the best possible care to all his patients. He believes a well informed and educated patient is important to ensure an excellent outcome. He also believes that every patient should be treated as if they were his own family member. Dr. Kilaru strives to continue with his ongoing education to maintain his high standards and ensure every patient receives an exceptional level of care.
Education & Professional Achievements
Dr. Kilaru finished his medical degree at Guntur Medical College, one of the elite medical schools in India. He then went on to complete a five-year residency in General Surgery at Bay State Medical Center, affiliated with Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts. He then completed a two-year Plastic Surgery residency at the prestigious University of Southern California. During this training here, he completed rotations at the Los Angeles County Medical Center, City of Hope Medical Center, and several other prestigious plastic surgery institutions in Southern California.
Dr. Kilaru then went on to complete a Hand Surgery and Microsurgery fellowship at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute and the University of Southern California. Being exposed to both the county system and some of the latest reconstructive and cosmetic practices in Southern California provided a solid foundation for Dr. Kilaru to expand his areas of expertise.
After completing his training, Dr. Kilaru stayed on as a faculty member at USC and at the City of Hope Medical Center where he focused on reconstructive plastic surgery to help patients being treated for various types of cancers.
In 2001, Dr. Kilaru moved to Fremont, California and in August 2009, set up his current practice.
Some of the highlights of Dr. Kilaru’s career and awards he’s received include:
- An active participant in the Washington Hospital Medical Staff structure
- Current Chief of Medical Staff, Washington Hospital
- Former Chairman of the Department of Surgery, Washington Hospital
- Chairman of the Quality and Resource Management Committee for six years
- Member of the Medical Executive Committee
- Director of the Wound Care Program at Washington Hospital since 2004
- Director of the Hand Surgery Program at Washington Hospital since 2007
- Board Certified in Plastic Surgery
- 2010 Graduate of Wharton School of Business MBA Program
- Gold Medals in Surgery and Certificates of Merit during medical school and residency training
- Volunteers surgical skills to those less fortunate here and abroad.
- Trustee of the Washington Hospital Foundation
- On the Board of several non-profit organizations here and abroad
Dr. Kilaru has lectured extensively, both locally, nationally and internationally on topics related to cosmetic surgery, breast reconstruction, wound care, quality parameters for hospitals, among other topics.
Click here for Dr. Kilaru’s Curriculum Vitae.
Schedule a private consultation with Dr. Kilaru today.